Write a Java application program to display the following information:
- The assessed value of a house
- The local real estate property rate (different based on the location)
- The property tax amount
Note: when you write this program, the value of the house and the property tax are already known. The only value that is missing is the property tax amount.
The following program calculates the area of a rectangle. You can use it as a reference for this assignment.
public class CalculateArea
public static void main(String args)
double width, length, area;
width = 5;
length = 3;
area = width * length;
System.out.println(“The area is ” + area + “square meters.”);
Hint: there are different ways to write this program, one option is to create three double variables for value of the house, tax rate, and property tax amount.
double houseValue = 750000;
double taxRate = 0.01;
double propertyTax = houseValue * taxRate;
SLP Assignment Expectations
- There should be no bugs in the program
- The program should give the correct result.
- The output of the program should include at least the following information, but the wording can be different:
The current value of the house:
Local property tax rate:
Property tax due this year: