Carefully review and use either of the book options below as a reference for various aspects of analytics.
- Sharda, R., Delen, D., & Turban, E. (2015) Business intelligence and analytics: Systems for decision support (10th ed.). Boston: Pearson. Print: ISBN-13: 978-0-13-305090-5
- Sharda, R., Delen, D., & Turban, E. (2020) Analytics, data science, & artificial intelligence: Systems for decision support (11th ed.). Boston: Pearson. Print: ISBN-13: 978-0-13-519201-6
- Important Note: All students are welcome to use outside research in aspects of analytics.
After reading and analyzing content from book references and or from outside research, select “one” of the research options below and respond.
- Go to www.IBM.com and find at least three customer case studies on Big Data and write a report where you discuss the commonalities and differences of these cases.
- Go to www.cloudera.com and find at least three customer case studies on Hadoop implementation, and write a report where you discuss the commonalities and differences of these cases.
- Go to www.google.com/scholar, and search for articles on stream analytics. Find at least three related articles. Read and summarize your findings.
- Go to www.google.com/scholar, and search for articles on data stream mining. Find at least three related articles. Read and summarize your findings.
- Go to www.google.com/scholar, and search for articles that talk about Big Data versus data warehousing. Find at least five articles. Read and summarize your findings.
Please make sure to proofread your post prior to submission. They should be well written and free of grammatical or typographical errors.
Knowledge and skills paper:
Graded Assignment: Knowledge and Skills Paper
Paper Section 1: Reflection and Literature Review
Using Microsoft Word and Professional APA format, prepare a professional written paper supported with three sources of research that details what you have learned from chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10. This section of the paper should be a minimum of two pages.
Paper Section 2: Applied Learning Exercises
In this section of the professional paper, apply what you have learned from chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10 to descriptively address and answer the problems below. Important Note: Dot not type the actual written problems within the paper itself.
- Survey and compare and possibly test some text mining tools and vendors. Start with clearforest.com and megaputer.com. Also consult with dmreview.com to further identify some text mining products to explore and even test?
- Survey and compare and possibly test some Web mining tools and vendors. Identify some Web mining products and service providers that could potentially be useful in a work environment you may want to be part of.
- Investigate via a Web search how models and their solutions are used by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in the “war against terrorism.” Also investigate how other governments or government agencies are using models in their missions.
- Search online to find vendors of genetic algorithms and investigate the business applications of their products and even possibly test them where applicable. What kinds of applications are most prevalent and why?
- Important Note: With limited time for a college class, perfection is not expected but effort to be exposed to various tools with attempts to learn about them is critical when considering a career in information technology associated disciplines.
Important Note: There is no specific page requirement for this section of the paper but make sure any content provided fully addresses each problem.
Paper Section 3: Conclusions
After addressing the problems, conclude your paper with details on how you will use this knowledge and skills to support your professional and or academic goals. This section of the paper should be around one page including a custom and original process flow or flow diagram to visually represent how you will apply this knowledge going forward. This customized and original flow process flow or flow diagram can be created using the “Smart Art” tools in Microsoft Word.
Paper Section 4: APA Reference Page
The three or more sources of research used to support this overall paper should be included in proper APA format in the final section of the paper.
Paper Review and Preparation to submit for Grading
Please make sure to proof read your post prior to submission. This professional paper should be well written and free of grammatical or typographical errors. Also remember not to plagiarize!!!!!!!!!!!!
Important Reminder: Assessment of discussion boards and other writing assignments account for 75% of overall grading and below are how grades will be assessed for this assignment: