Consider your organization or another organization with which you are familiar. Briefly describe the organization, and then answer the following questions:
- What do you think is one of the most interesting uses of database technology by this organization? Why?
- Who benefits from this use? In what ways?
- Are there any downsides?
- Are there any additional database technologies (or uses of the same technology) that you think this company should consider? Explain.
- As a business manager, how can you effectively utilize database technologies to better do your job?
- Embed course material concepts, principles and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references in supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
- You need to reply to at least two peers’ post answers to this discussion question. These replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced. Post your initial response early, and check back often to continue the discussion. Be sure to respond to your peers’ posts as well.
- Chapter 3 in Information Technology for Management (attached)
- Brown, D. S. (2016, May 26). 7 reasons why you need a database management system. Retrieved from https://www.techopedia.com/2/31970/it-business/7-reasons-why-you-need-a-database-management-system
- Maté, A., Trujillo, J., García, F., Serrano, M., & Piattini, M. (2016). Empowering global software development with business intelligence. Information and Software Technology, 76, 81-91.
- McStravick, G. (2018, January 12). Opinion: The future is now: 2018 market predictions for database and data management. Retrieved from https://www.cio.com/article/3247826/database/the-future-is-now-2018-market-predictions-for-database-and-data-management.html
- Skyrius, R., Katin, I., Kazimianec, M., Nemitko, S., Rumšas, G., & Žilinskas, R. (2016). Factors driving business intelligence culture. Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology, 13, 171-186. Retrieved from http://iisit.org/Vol13/IISITv13p171-186Skyrius2620.pdf
- Vera-Baquero, A., Colomo Palacios, R., Stantchev, V., & Molloy, O. (2015). Leveraging big-data for business process analytics. The Learning Organization, 22(4), 215-228.