PROBLEM SET #3
- Stakeholder Register Exercise.docx Stakeholder Register Exercise.docx – Alternative Formats (20.083 KB)
Stakeholder Register & Communications Matrix Exercise
Instructions: Using your Week 2 Business Case complete the following Stakeholder Register Exercise (Exhibit 6.4 on page 183 of the Kloppenborg text) and Project Communications Matrix (Exhibit 6.9 on page 192). Complete instructions and templates based on these exhibits have been provided (see attached document).
REFLECTION AND DISCUSSION FORUM WEEK 6
Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 6Assigned Readings:Chapter 13: Procurement ManagementChapter 14: Quality PlanningInitial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- In addition to cost, what factors should be considered in selecting a building contractor? What can go wrong if the lowest bid is selected and nothing else is considered?
- What is the difference between an RFP and an RFQ? Give two specific examples where an RFQ could be used and two specific examples where it is more likely that the organization will go with an RFP. (Use examples NOT from your textbook.)
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. Postings must be in the student’s own words – do not provide quotes!] [Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]Submitting the Initial Posting:Your initial posting should be completed by Thursday, 11:59 p.m. EST. Response to Other Student Postings: Respond substantively to the post of at least two peers, by Friday, 11:59 p.m. EST. A peer response such as “I agree with her,” or “I liked what he said about that” or similar comments are not considered substantive and will not be counted for course credit.[Continue the discussion through Sunday,11:59 p.m. EST by highlighting differences between your postings and your colleagues’ postings. Provide additional insights or alternative perspectives]Evaluation of posts and responses: Your initial posts and peer responses will be evaluated on the basis of the kind of critical thinking and engagement displayed. The grading rubric evaluates the content based on seven areas:Content Knowledge & Structure, Critical Thinking, Clarity & Effective Communication, Integration of Knowledge & Articles, Presentation, Writing Mechanics, and Response to Other Students.
PROBLEM SET #6
1.Cost reimbursable contract calculation.
- A contract calls for a total payment of $800,000 with a guarantee. Essentially the contractor is guaranteed to make at least $200,000 above his costs. If the contractor can demonstrate his costs exceed $600,000, the project will pay the difference, with a $50,000 ceiling on the overage. The contractor demonstrates he spent $623,000. How much (gross) must the project remit to the contractor?
- Another option for the same contract has the contractor guaranteed to be paid his costs plus 20%, for costs that exceed $600,000. With the same initial assumption—guarantee of $800,000 gross payment (no requirement to itemize costs), but if the contractor can show that costs exceed $600,000, the project will pay $800,000 plus the costs that exceed $600,000, plus 20% of those excess costs, with a ceiling of $900,000 gross. The contractor demonstrates he spent $623,000. How much (gross) must the project remit to the contractor?
- Under option 1.b, at what dollar amount of total costs would the contractor be assuming all of the excess costs beyond that point?
- In which option did the project assume more of the risk of a cost overrun? Explain.
2. Prepare a Pareto chart of the possible causes for a student to fail a final examination in a university course.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: