- Write a full data commentary for Table 10, p. 166. Your data commentary should be approximately 200-400 words. Begin with a location element and summary statement. Create whatever highlighting statements you want and offer commentary. Include concluding statements. (For this activity, you may borrow some of the ideas from the three students without citing. However, you should not do this for writing assignments for other courses.)
- In the student writings on pp. 166-167, the three writers did not offer cautious explanations for the results. When you write your commentary, be sure to do so. Review the two Language Focus sections on qualifications and strength of claim (pp. 156-157 and 159-163).
- Include commentary about the highlights, using appropriate stance features (i.e., hedges, boosters, attitude markers) (e.g., HEDGE=“This may be due to…” BOOSTER=“It is clear that…” ATTITUDE MARKERS=“It is worthwhile to note that…”, “It is alarming to note…”, or “Unfortunately, …”) (See pp. 156-163).
- Write for an educated audience.
- If you refer to a source, provide source information using the documentation style of your field. That is, if you use information from a source, you must paraphrase, summarize, or quote and cite those sources. If you do not cite the sources, you are plagiarizing—a serious offense. We will discuss paraphrasing, summarizing, quoting, citing, and plagiarism in detail soon. Basically, if you include any ideas or words from sources, you must tell readers where the information came from and you must include reference information. If you have never cited before, please review this basis website: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/r…
- The following heading should appear at the top right side of each paper, single spaced:
Your Field of Study
*Documentation Style Used
Audience (e.g., educated but non-expert reader)
*If you do not refer to a source when writing this paper, then you do not need to include a documentation style.
- Paragraphs should be indented and double-spaced. Please use 12-point Times New Roman.
- Before you work on this paper, it is recommended that you complete the assigned course activities, which will prepare you for the paper.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: