GoTech is a Saudi company (located in Riyadh) that provides technical and digital solutions to other businesses and individuals. Its operation focuses mainly on the Saudi market, but recently it opened two offices in Egypt and Italy. Eng. Abdullah is the CEO, and there are three regional managers (in 3 different countries) and 30 employees working under their supervision.
Recently, Abdullah has been required to make vital decisions to keep GoTech running during many challenges, including new and existing competitors, rapid technology development, and Coronavirus pandemic. Consider yourself the CEO’s consultant who is required to help him put together a strategy so GoTech can not only survive but also thrive in the future.
To help you develop your Consultation Strategy Report, use the following points as a guide:
- An overview of GoTech company (0.5 marks)
- Description of the type of management that GoTech follows. (1 mark)
- Description of the challenges with that type of management. (1 mark)
- Communication challenges
- Cultural and political challenges
- Description of the necessity for creating a virtual Risks Response Team based on Tuckman’s Team Life Cycle Model (see figure 1). (3 marks)
- Phases of team creation
- Criteria for choosing the team
- Who are they, and why did you choose them?
- Description of GoTech resources (1 mark)
- Description of GoTech digital capabilities (2 marks)
- Description of the solutions (3 marks)
- Closing remarks/ conclusion (0.5 marks)
- Pros and cons of the virtual team
- Description of the regional managers’ roles (2 marks)
- What qualities must they have as leaders?
- How can they motivate themselves and their team?
- What digital recourses can they use to manage the team?
- Description of challenges that loom over GoTech (1 mark)
- Existing challenges/ disasters
- Potential challenges/ disasters
- What are the digital and financial resources?
- How can these resources be utilized?
- Existing capabilities that can be strengthened
- Needed capabilities that must be invested in
- Immediate solutions (based on points 4, 6, 7, & 8)
- Future solutions (based on points 5, 6,7, & 8)
Figure 1 Bruce Tuchman’s Team Life Cycle Model (Personio, 2021)
|End of week 14||15 marks|
Guidelines for the assignment:
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
|Student Name:||Student ID:|
Introduction to E-Management
|Academic Year/ Semester:
2021/2022- 1st Semester
|Student Grade:||Grade Level:|
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: