As a cybercrime professional you have many tools in your arsenal to stop network, DOS and/or Windows attacks.
Read the article, 21 Best Free Digital Forensic Investigation Tools, which briefly describes many of the tools.
Select two forensic investigator tools from the list below:
- Magnet Encrypted Disk Detector.
- Magnet RAM Capture.
- Network Miner.
- RAM Capturer.
- FAW Forensics Acquisition of Websites (This is a tool to acquire Web pages for forensic investigation).
- Browser History Capturer and Browser History viewer by Foxton.
- Sleuth Kit.
- Volatility Framework.
- Paladin Forensic Suite.
- FTK Imager.
- FireEye RedLine.
Write a 1–2 page paper in which you compare and contrast the two tools you have selected:
- Describe the tools you have selected:
- How do each of the tools work?
- How are they different from each other?
- Why do you believe that these two tools are the best choice to stop network, DOS, and/or Windows attacks? Provide a rationale.
- Describe an event or instance when one of these tools is the superior counter measure.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.