Impact of Information Technology on Society
The technology landscape is ever-evolving, interweaving the depths and use of information technology into our daily lives. Very few areas of life are not impacted by technological advancements. Our daily use of IT solutions facilitates further deployment of technologies today and in future generations. IT solutions have increased our standard of living through domestic, work, and leisure activities.
Research the Internet and write a 5–7 page paper on the evolution of IT and the positive and negative impacts on the following:
- Educational environment.
- Medical and health literacy solutions.
- Home and domestic activities.
- Information sharing (digital communication).
- Information sharing (human communication).
- Societal norms.
- Financial markets.
- Jobs (include workplace efficiencies or inefficiencies).
Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. The Strayer University Library has many excellent resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the impact of IT on society.