2. John wants to see the formulas he has used in his spreadsheet but he does not want to see the results of the formulas. How does he display his formulas?
A. Click Print Formulas.
B. Click on Show Formulas.
C. Click Evaluate Formulas.
D. Click on Trace Precedents.
3. Which of the following ranges of cells is correctly named?
4. After inputting a formula or a piece of data into a cell, what happens to the cell pointer when you press Enter?
A. It moves down one cell.
B. It moves to the next adjacent cell to the right.
C. It moves to the last cell in the column.
D. It moves up one cell.
5. Which of the following processes should Angel use to merge cells A1:D4 to create a title?
A. Highlight cells A1:D4, right-click and select Format Cells, click Number, and choose the Merge cells option.
B. Highlight cells A1:D4, click on the Home tab, and click on the Wrap text icon in the Alignment group.
C. Highlight cells A1:D4, click on the Home tab, and click on the Merge cells icon in the Styles group.
D. Highlight cells A1:D4, right-click and select Format Cells, click Alignment, and choose the Merge cells option.
6. Evan is creating a worksheet and needs to copy information in cells A2:A13 into cells B2:B13. Which of
the following is the easiest process for Evan to copy cells A2:A13 and place their information into B2:B13?
A. Highlight cells A2:A13, click on the Format tab, choose Duplicate, select cells B2:B13, and click Enter.
B. Highlight cells A2:A13, click on the Home tab, then in the Edit group, choose Copy, select cells B2:B13, and then click
C. Highlight cells A2:A13, right-click, choose Cut, select cells B2:B13, right-click, and then click Paste.
D. Highlight cells A2:A13, right-click, choose Copy, select cells B2:B13, right-click, and then click Paste.
7. A rectangular range of cells with headings to describe the cells’ contents is referred to as a
A. bar chart.
D. complex formula.
8. David has a small business and is working on an Excel worksheet to help manage his inventory. David realizes cell E14 has the wrong output. To check the problem, David should first select cell E14 and look at
the _______ to check the formula.
B. Formula bar
C. Function tab
D. Name box
9. If you’re unsure of what chart to use for a set of data, what feature does Excel include that will help you to decide?
A. All charts
C. Pivot chart
D. Recommended charts
10. Sidney works in the accounting department. His boss just assigned him a task that involves creating
budget formulas for the company’s payroll expense reports. Sidney will be using Excel spreadsheets to
calculate the company’s payroll expense reports. In Excel, what does Sidney need to consider when
A. Excel performs operations based on the order of precedence.
B. Excel has limited capabilities, so it would be easier to use payroll software for this application.
C. Excel has third-party formulas you can purchase from Microsoft.
D. Excel has predefined formulas, so you don’t have to create any formulas from scratch.
11. You plan to use the Fill Down feature on a formula and you need to keep a cell reference the same. Which one of the following formats will allow you to keep the same cell reference?
12. You’ve been asked to find the largest number in a range of numbers. Which of the following could you use to find the largest number in range E11:E23?
13. Which one of following is an example of a formatted number using the Currency option?
14. Which of the following is an example of a complex formula?
B. =A1<= A14
D. Income – Expenses
15. You’ve been asked to find the average of a range of numbers. Which of the following could you use to find the average of cells A1:A10?
16. If you sort a portion of an Excel sheet and you get an error message such as #DIV/0, what is a likely cause of the error message?
A. The cell ranges are incorrect.
B. One or more cells contain absolute cell references.
C. You’re attempting to sort too many cells.
D. One or more cells contain relative cell references.
17. What category of predefined formulas in Excel contains the Boolean functions?
A. Math and Trig
D. Recently Used
18. A feature in Excel that allows you to graphically display in a single cell the trend across a range of cells is called a
A. pivot point.
End of exam
B. spark point.
D. pivot line.
19. The functions you tend to use regularly are listed where on the Ribbon?
B. Recently Used
C. Date & Time
20. The order of precedence is very important when building formulas in Excel. Which of the following
formulas will produce 778 as the result?
A. =25*(27/9 + 5) + 309*2
B. =25*27/9 + 5 + 309*2
C. =25*((27/9 + 5) + 309*2)
D. =(25*(27/9) + 5 + 309)*2