Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
Choose one of the professional scenarios provided in Blackboard under the Student Center tab
4. Paul works for the website division of SuperMega retail company. He receives an email late Friday afternoon that explains a new computer will launch at the end of next June and it will be in high demand with limited stock. Also contained in the three-page-message is that customers will be able to preorder the item 30 days before launch according to the production company. Paul is asked to create a landing page for consumers who are interested in learning more about the product.
By mistake, Paul sets up a preorder page for the product that afternoon (well in advance of the company authorized period) and late Friday evening consumers begin to preorder the product. Sharon, Vice President of Product Sales at SuperMega, learns of the error Saturday morning and calls Paul to arrange a meeting first thing Monday morning. Sharon explains to Paul on the phone that the company intends on canceling all of the preorders and Paul responds that the company should honor the preorders because it was not a consumer error. After a heated exchange, Paul hangs up on Sharon when she insists that the preorders will be canceled because of Paul’s error.
Write a Professional Email Message (in the form of Figure 5.1 on page 84 of BCOM9) from the perspective of a character in the scenario. The email should discuss the communication issue provided in the scenario and should be addressed to another character from the scenario.
The message should take the form of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The professional email message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address the communication issue from the scenario.
- Request a face-to-face meeting to discuss the issue (at a specific time).
- Concentrate on the facts of the situation and avoid using overly emotional language.
- Assume your recipient is learning about the situation for the first time through your communication.
- Use a descriptive subject line or heading.
- Include an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Use email form including: To:, From:, Subject:, and Signature.
3. Clarity / Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language/style requirements.
- Run spell/grammar check before submitting.
4. Your assignment must:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
5. Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
6. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Plan, create, and evaluate professional documents.
- Deliver professional information to various audiences using appropriate tone, style, and format.
- Analyze professional communication examples to assist in revision.