TASK 1- READ/RESEARCH
Please take a few moments to review the SCHOOL Act (Links to an external site.), which was introduced in August 2020. You can also conduct your own search for article commentaries regarding the Act.
TASK 2- ORIGINAL POST
Next, you will need to create your discussion post. Your post must address the following (point values indicated in bold):
- What are positive and/or negative outcomes that could result if the SCHOOL Act is passed? (5 points)
- Given your research into this topic, do you support the Act or not? Explain. (5 points)
- What are other means with which we can lesson educational inequalities? (6 points)
- Post must be a minimum of 300 words. (2 points)
- Include at least 1 outside reference, cited in APA format. This reference needs to be cited both in-text and at the end of the post in a reference list. (2 points)
TASK 2- PEER RESPONSE
- Respond to at least 2 classmate’s posts. Discuss whether you agree or disagree with their opinion and why. (10 points)
300-400 words for discussion
100-150 for each reply
First, you will create a fictional applicant. You will need to consider the following before trying to go through the enrollment process:
- Number of individuals in the household, including children, spouses, and elderly parents.
- Whether the applicant is enrolled in any other supplemental services or is receiving other financial support.
- Citizen status
- Job status/annual income
You will be comparing SNAP enrollment pages for 2 different US states. One of the states must be California. Once you have decided on the other state, go to their enrollment pages [you will be finding this on your own…after all, most people don’t have an instructor telling them what to do ;)].
Begin the SNAP enrollment process. Make sure to keep track of what answers you put for each question asked.
**IMPORTANT** Stop when you get to the “Tell us about yourself section”. We are not creating a real account for this assignment!!!
Answer the following reflection questions for this assignment (point values included in bold):
- Which state, in addition to California, did you try to apply for SNAP benefits?
- How easy or difficult was it to find the enrollment page in each state? 5 points
- How easy or difficult was it to enroll for SNAP benefits in each state? Consider factors such as health and computer literacy. 5 points
- In your opinion, would you recommend someone enrolling online in each of these states? Why or why not? 5 points
- Describe any other thoughts that you had as you were completing the enrollment process. 5 points
- 300-400 words