- Describe a culturally responsive intervention with a Hispanic client from your field placement and how it was specifically client-centered and evidence-based.
- Describe networking experiences and how you are or will navigate community organizations designed to serve Hispanic children and families.
- Describe a case where you collaborated with a Hispanic client and how you incorporated culturally significant familial or community relationships in the intervention process. Include use of mutually agreed on outcomes, and how you evaluated effectiveness of the intervention.
Information regarding placement
Placement: AVOW Hospice
Social work at the inpatient unit
- Chartier, K.G., Negroni, L.K. & Hesselbrock, M.N. (2010). Strengthening family practices for Latino families, Journal of Ethnic & Cultural Diversity in Social Work, 19(1), 1-17
- Bernal, G., & Rodriguez, M. (2009). Advances in Latino family research: Cultural adaptations of evidence-based interventions. Family Process, 48(2), 169-178.
- Royse, D., Thyer, B & Padget, D. (2010). Single systems research design. In D. Royse, B. Thyer,& D. Padget (Eds)., Program Evaluation: An Introduction (5th edition). pp. 141-170. CA: Wadsworth