The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in theiranswer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your ownwords, copying from students or other resourceswithout proper referencing will result in ZERO marks.No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed usingTimes New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 13th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
1. Illustrate the concepts of logistic system operations used in logistic systems, time-based management, and lean thinking.
2. Interpret the use advanced theory and methods to identify inefficiencies in supply chains
3. Demonstrate ability to work with others effectively as a team member in logistic management projects, related to case studies or new themes
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggestlogistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should review chapter 7of textbook as well as secondary available information on internet.
The Toyota Production System (TPS) is an integrated socio-technical system, developed by Toyota, which comprises its management philosophy and practices. The TPS organizes manufacturing and logistics for the automobile manufacturer, including interaction with suppliers and customers. The system is a major precursor of the more generic “Lean Manufacturing”. Originally called “just-in-time production”, it builds on the approach created by the founder of Toyota.
Using this concept of Lean Thinking and JIT you should answer the following questions by taking any Saudi Manufacturing company.
Question: each answer should has atleast 500 words
1. Why Companies adopted Lean Thinking and JIT model? (3 Marks)
2. Discuss major types of Waste, companies must keep in mind during production. (3 Marks)
3. Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users? (3 Marks)
4. References (1 Marks)
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
• Lean Thinking and JIT Concept
• Their Main functions
• Any local example
• Reasons with suitable Examples
• Every Answer should be 400 to 500 range of words in length.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: