I will send you the project that other students work on parts you need to go throw their parts to know how to finish my part. my part is only two questions
- To apply the policymaking theory to a real-life situation
- To identify the interaction between the three branches of government
- To analyze the role of executive branch departments or agencies in a policy situation
- There are many policies and programmatic needs of the community. Your group will seek to advance one particular policy.
- The class will be divided into groups of 8 or 9 students. Each group will be responsible for a specific policy.
There are two parts to this assignment:
- Please prepare a brief PowerPoint on the policy your group is assigned. Please address the following in your slides and be prepared to discuss in class (in 20 minutes):
- Why is a policy needed?
- Who will be positively affected by this policy change? What is the size of the need in the US?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- What is the cost to society currently? What is the potential positive impact?
- What is the role of each branch of government in creating this policy?
- Please prepare a written paper to further discussion of the concepts in your PowerPoint. The paper should address the following:
- What would the policy development process look like? Who are the stakeholders and how would you engage them?
- What is a reasonable timeline for developing the change?
- What is the process for implementation? Who or what would be involved?
- How would you evaluate policy change? What would determine if a modification were needed?
One written paper will be submitted on behalf of all the group members. Please submit the PowerPoint you provide in class along with your group’s paper.
- One paper on behalf of all group participants is sufficient.
- Your paper should be between 6 and 12 pages in length, double spaced. Please use a standard 12-point type (i.e., Ariel, Calibri).
- Use a standard 1” margin, footer and header.
- List of references or bibliography is not part of your page count
- Please use APA, MLA or Chicago for citing your work
- PowerPoint demonstrating understanding policymaking process and
analysis of the stakeholders (governmental and non-governmental)
or interpretation of the concepts 35
- Writing (grammar, spelling, form) 10
- Thoughtful description of practical considerations for policymaking 30
- Peer evaluation of individuals’ roles on team 25
Some helpful hints
- Describe where this will take place (in one location or nationwide)
- Who will be positively impacted and why? Provide data on the need
- What is the cost? Over what period of time? What do you recommend this time period?
- What is the policy path?
- Where is it developed?
- Who would author the policy?
- Which branches are involved and how? And who (as far as entities, not specific names)?
- Who are the major stakeholders? Which ones would be positively engaged? Which ones would not support this policy goal?
- Why hasn’t this occurred already?
- How would you measure success in this project?
- Do any organizations have this as a legislative priority? (If so, you may want to contact the organization for more background for your presentation)