In a few sentences, please respond to each of the following questions. Up to 10 points can be earned for a completed assignment, with partial credit available for incomplete responses.
- Explain what scientists have discovered about social cognition. What are heuristics, and how might they be employed by social psychologists?
- Distinguish between the following types of heuristics: representative heuristic; availability heuristic; anchoring and adjustment heuristic; status quo heuristic. Explain how each would affect our social thoughts.
- Explain what schemas are and how they hep social psychologists organize social information. Describe each of the three basic cognitive processes that are influenced by schemas
- Describe the classic study by Rosenthal and Jacobson (1968) and its implications to the understanding of a self-fulfilling prophecy
- Distinguish between the following potential sources of error (biases) in social cognition: optimistic bias; overconfidence barrier; planning fallacy; counterfactual thinking; magical thinking
- Explain how feelings shape our thoughts and how thoughts shape our feelings. Give several examples to support your response. Provide a personal example of when your thoughts might have been heavily influenced by your mood and what the end result of this interactive process entailed
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDescription of CriterionEach assignment consists of a series of short-answer essay questions addressing the objectives for each chapter||
|Total Points: 10|