10: Discussion ForumFor this week’s discussion identify a company founded in the KSA that has expanded internationally.
- How did the company extend its competitive advantage from its home market to an international market? Were all of them transferable and replicable, why or why not?
- What mode of foreign market entry did the firm adopt, why?
- How did the resources and capabilities related to the local market knowledge, distribution, and political and business connections in the international market.
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (which require supporting citations) in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and/or your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post’s answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required
- Chapter 11 in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Chapter 11 PowerPoint slides Chapter 11 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Belderbos, R., Tong, T. W., & Wu, S. (2020). Portfolio configuration and foreign entry decisions: A juxtaposition of real options and risk diversification theories. Strategic Management Journal, 41(7), 1191–1209.
- Cuervo, C. A., Doz, Y., & Gaur, A. (2020). Skepticism of globalization and global strategy: Increasing regulations and countervailing strategies. Global Strategy Journal, 10(1), 3–31. https://doi.org/10.1002/gsj.1374#
- Khan, Z., Lew, Y. K., & Rao-Nicholson, R. (2020). The role of dynamic capabilities in global strategy of emerging economies’ multinationals. International Studies of Management & Organization, 50(1), 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1080/00208825.2019.1703375