Learning Goal: I’m working on a social work report and need a sample draft to help me learn.
To prepare for this Assignment, select a discipline of medical social work of interest to you (oncology social work). Then, read the assigned case study and think about how a team would care for or provide service to the identified client.
Claire is a 60-year-old Caucasian female. She has been married to her husband for 35 years and has two grown children. She has been admitted to the hospital for a double mastectomy due to her recent breast cancer diagnosis. Claire and her family remain unclear about her prognosis.
In a 4- to 6-page paper:
- Summarize the patient population (age, gender, ethnicity or race, medical condition or diagnosis) that the case study features.
- Describe the discipline of medical social work that you chose.
- Explain the primary roles and responsibilities of a social worker in the discipline that you chose.
- Devise an interdisciplinary team in the discipline you chose for the patient in the assigned case study.
- Define the roles of other members of the interdisciplinary health care team in that discipline.
- Explain how you might collaborate with the members of the health care team.
- Explain the essential values that are common to the members of an interdisciplinary team to patient care.
- Describe the challenges you might encounter while working with an interdisciplinary health care team. Then, explain strategies you would employ to address the challenges.
- Explain how the challenges you identified might negatively affect the patient and the patient’s family in the assigned case study. Finally, explain how you might work with the patient, the patient’s family, and other stakeholders in providing optimal health care. Cite your response using external scholarly resources.
- Provide examples of resources the social worker might use for patients in this area.