High emotional intelligence (EI) is more important than a high intelligence quotient (IQ) for healthcare leaders.
Position Paper Information:
- Follow APA 7 format for all aspects of the paper: title page, in-text citations, references, etc.
- The paper should be at least 3500 words of your own writing (about 14 standard double-spaced pages with 1” margins) plus additional pages for title and references.
- You must use Level 1 section headings: Introduction, Background, 3 Opposing Arguments, Supporting Arguments, and Conclusion. You must also use Level 2 headings for each arguments in order to more clearly separate and identify them.
- Clearly give your thesis statement in a concise manner in your introduction.
- Explain the background of the issue that gives a rationale for the topic being debatable. This section must include contemporary and historical information, relevant data and appropriate citations. The background should include:
- Terminology related to your issue
- Legitimate research done on your issue, from varied sources
- Descriptions of the impact this data/research has on your issue
- When presenting your arguments, discuss both sides of the issue. Identity and include defensible documentation supporting each position.
- Bring the paper to a conclusion by summarizing and restating your thesis or position in similar words used in the introduction to your introduction.
- Apply principles of good composition, including appropriate sentence structure, grammar and meticulous attention to detail in every aspect of your writing.
- Strict APA Format (7th Ed) standards will be applied to the grading of your paper so pay close attention to citations within the paper and in the list of work cited