Chapter 8: Quantitative Methods
- What elements of the checklist of questions for designing a survey method do you think are relevant? Justify your choice.
- When would a true experiment or quasi-experiment be more appropriate? Provide an example for each.
- Discuss the usefulness of pretesting, pilot testing, or field-testing a survey.
- How can response bias influence the outcomes of a study?
- Assume that a new intervention has been developed using a new approach to social skills training to help individuals with Asperger’s syndrome. How would you design an experiment to test the intervention? Consider the type of experiment, exposure, measurement, ordering,assignment to condition, and comparison groups.