You are asked to design and implement a smart office environment system using the features and functionality of the examples from the course book, the practical classes, demonstrations in the lectures or other materials referred to within the scope of the module.
Vodafone Group plc is a British multinational telecommunications company. Its registered office and global headquarters are in Newbury, Berkshire, England. It predominantly operates services in Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. Vodafone is planning to start operations in the Sultane of Oman, the company is in the process of establishing a corporate office in Salalah, Oman. Vodafone is a digital company that believes in doing things differently.
Vodafone is establishing its infrastructure and offices in the Sultanate of Oman. The company have plan to establish the two corporate offices, One in Muscat, and another in Salalah.
The requirements are received for Vodafone Salalah office to create a smart working environment by considering the following points: –
- The company want to have an automatic temperature control system which should be based on the Micro Controller Unit (MCU) to get the readings from the temperature sensor(s). The MCU should be programmed in a way using supported programme language that, it should be able to capture the reading from the connected sensor(s) and display to the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) unit connected to MCU.
- A temperature monitoring unit needs to install which will be to monitor the temperature.
- Thermostat unit is required which will support to manage temperature by starting/stopping Air coolers and heaters.
- There is need to have a laptop/smart device for the building supervisor who will have access to the systems to define the rules and conditions based on the requirements.
There is no information available for Muscat office, the same information can be used to design muscat office/ or can be leave as it is.
You are required to submit your work through the link to be provided on Moodle VLE as a single file (in the case of multiple need to be zipped).
- A comprehensive report which should include the requirement analysis, Design and implementation of the project.
- It is your responsibility to attend scheduled demonstration session – failure to demonstrate your system will be treated as a non-submission.
You will be asked to demonstrate your developed smart environment as per the specification.
Your project must be runnable.
The system-to-be is going to be tested and assessed with the following functions :
- Login to the system (user = “admin”, password= “admin”) and IoT monitor should be used to control and manage devices through laptop/mobile.
- The systems should able to show the temperature monitor and thermostat in the control panel for rules and conditions implementations.
- MCU should able to customise in a way that programming code can be run on the MCU to take reading from the sensor and putting that reading to LCD.
- Thermostat should be able to manage the temperature using Air cooler and heaters.
- Systems should be connected to another office (Muscat) and same functionality can be included there/leave it blank.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: