Learning Goal: I’m working on a criminal justice discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Sentencing philosophies and models are created by legislatures and imposed by courts. However, it falls upon our nation’s correctional institutions to administer the punishment defined by legislatures and imposed by courts.
In your initial post, compare and contrast determinate vs. indeterminate sentencing models. Of the two, which do you believe is more effective in reducing recidivism rates? Explain and support your position with the research literature.
- Post more than two comments having in-text citations and reference if you are looking for a perfect score – main post and three comments.
- Use credible evidence to support claims- a minimum of one per paragraph – main post and comments.
- Aim to have a minimum of 500-word substantive response for main-post
- Define and explain relevant concepts/ideas, as well as the explain the reasoning behind them.
- Have each question and sub-question as heading right above corresponding answer.
- 3 or more references