Learning Goal: I’m working on a business question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Goleman, D. (2011). What makes a leader? In HBR’s 10 must reads: On leadership (pp. 1- 21). Harvard Business Review Press.
- Northhouse, P. (2019). Authentic Leadership. Leadership: Theory and practice. (8th ed. pp. 197-226 ). Sage
- VIA Institute on Character. (2020). The 24 character strengths. Retrieved from https://www.viacharacter.org/character-strengths(new tab)
- TED Talk: Simplifying Humility and Integrity(new tab)
- Ethics Defined: Integrity(new tab)
- Becoming As Ethical As We Think We Are(new tab)
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Please use all the workshop resources as necessary to work on this activity.
- In an APA-formatted paper, address each of the following prompts. The response to each prompt must include an in-text citation from workshop resources to support your answer. This assignment should access a variety of sources throughout the course.
- How do you currently lead? This could be in an official or unofficial role. This needs to be an honest reflection. It is not about how you want to lead but how you are currently leading.
- What do you want your coworkers and employees to say about your character, how you treated people, and the impact on their lives?
- What are the gaps or difference between how you currently lead and what you want your coworkers and employees to say about you?
- Sometimes we learn a lot from leaders we do not agree with or like. Reflect on some leaders who you did not like or did not flourish under (names not necessary). Why did you not like them or why did you not flourish when working with them? What did you learn from them?
- Of the leadership styles discussed in the course, which one fits you best? Or what aspects of each style would you like to combine to make your own?
- Identify three of your personal core values and describe how they will or do impact how you lead, supervise, influence policy and address financial management. You must address each topic. For example, what core value(s)most impact how you lead? What core value(s) most impact how you supervise? What core value(s) most influence policy issues? What core value(s) will most impact how you address financial management?
- Identify three personal goals in relation to leadership, supervision and administration. What are some things you can do to meet those goals? How can you start making changes right now?
- How has this class assisted you in learning about leadership, supervision and administration? How will this assist you in your future as a social worker?
- Before finalizing your work, ensure that you:
- Have followed the assignment instructions carefully.
- Use the computer’s spelling and grammar check.
- Use APA format for organization, style, and source credits, including:
- 12-point, double-spaced
- One-inch margins on all sides
- Normal character spacing
- In-text citations
- Title page and reference page
- Properly formatted headings