Learning Goal: I’m working on a supply chain multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 13 and 14 in the course textbook, and the weekly lecture.
Understanding and assessing your organization’s culture can mean the difference between success and failure in today’s fast changing business environment.
In your discussion post, answer the following questions:
- What is organizational culture and how are cultural values reflected in organizations?
- What impact does organizational culture have on total quality management (TQM) practices and principles?
- Can an organization change its organizational culture to promote TQM practices and principles?
- Is it easy to change organizational culture?
- What are common barriers to change?
- What are some questions that organizations must ask and steps they must take in change management process?
Also address the following in your post:
Imagine you were asked to describe your organization What 10 words would you use to describe your company? What is really important? What does your organization reward and recognize? How would you assess your organization’s culture?
Finally, what is a learning organization? Select an organization of your choice, and explain why you think they are or are not an effective learning organization.
Reference: Evans, J. R., & Lindsay, W. M. (2020). Managing for quality and performance excellence (11th ed.).