Learning Goal: I’m working on a computer science writing question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
Employee Portal Website—Task 1
[WLOS: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOS: 1, 3]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 3: Introduction to HTML and Chapter 5: HTML Tables and Forms in your course textbook. Next, review the presentation Bootstrap: Tutorial 7, and read XAMPP Tutorial: How to Use XAMPP to Run Your Own Web Server. In each week of this course, you will build a component of your employee portal website, which is your final project for the course due in Week 5. For this assignment, you will complete the first task of developing the employee portal website layout. Review the Week 1—Website Template zip file to assist you throughout the designing process.
In your paper,
- Provide screenshots of the HTML5 layout you created for the employee portal website. The layout should include the landing page (index.php) which contains the following links:
- Home (/Home)
- Contact Us (/ContactUs)
- Login (/Login)
- Registration (/Registration)
- Explain how to run a PHP file in XAMPP.
- Explain the main use of the following HTML5 tags: head, title, meta, link, script, div, nav, h1, ul, ui.
Once you have completed Task 1 of the employee portal website, you must provide the following in a Word document and submit it through the Waypoint grading system:
- Screenshots of the HTML5 layout you created.
The Employee Portal Website—Task 1 paper
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper guide.