ITM-470: Information Technology Management Getting Started
Corporate culture can have a profound effect on how the company operates, how it deals with the public, and how it reacts to opportunities in the industry. A company might have a recognition culture to celebrate successes or be socially conscious about feeding the hungry in the world, or giving away a pair of socks like Bombas to the needy when they sell a pair.
What makes a consumer want to keep coming back to a specific company? Why would someone try so hard to find a job with a specific company?
How does company culture affect buying products from a company or wanting to work for that company?
In this assignment, the reading will help clarify what culture should look like from both a view of an enticing culture and more importantly a Biblical virtuous culture.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Describe the Virtuous Business Model and provide characteristics to produce a virtuous environment for those you manage.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read the following:
- Chapter 17 in Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Whitepaper: Making Business Virtuous (DeVoe School of Business) (PDF document)
- After reading chapter 17 in Leaders Eat Last and Making Business Virtuous, then navigate to the threaded discussion to respond to the following questions in your initial post.
- What “virtuous business characteristics” do you see in how Goldman Sachs was managed before what Simon Sinek describes happened after the 1990s?
- How could Goldman Sachs have better aligned themselves with the characteristics of the virtuous business model in order to have protected themselves and maintained a better culture?
- How has the reading challenged you in how you would manage an IT department?
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: